Instagram has been an extremely popular app among young people and teens, and it’s no surprise. It boasts millions of users who can share their videos with millions more on the platform.
Discover in this article how to fix Instagram Liked posts Videos gone, not showing, disappearing or not updating. Here are reasons and fixes for your liked posts disappearing on Instagram.
However, there are times when Instagram can be temperamental. One such instance is when you like a video or post but it doesn’t show up in your liked posts list. You may have wondered: “does Instagram unlike posts after a while?” or “Why did my favorite videos or posts disappear on Instagram ?”
This happens to many people and they don’t know why but today we will discuss some ways by which you can fix Instagram liked videos disappearing from your profile or stories!
When these things happen, it can be very frustrating because you can’t see your favourite Instagram videos or liked posts anymore, but there are some steps you can take to fix this problem.
Reasons Why Your Instagram Liked Videos or Posts are Gone, not Showing or Updating
If you’re one of the millions of people who have downloaded Instagram , chances are you’ve also enjoyed some of the many short-form videos on the platform.
Instagram is a vibrant community where users can post video clips and interact with each other both on their own profiles as well as other creators’ profiles.
Like most social media platforms, Instagram has rules for what content is allowed and not allowed on their platform. For example, there are restrictions against nudity, hate speech and abusive language
1. Your Instagram Liked Posts or Videos are Restricted
You can only see your own liked videos and the ones you have liked. You can also see the liked videos or posts of people you are following and they follow you back. However, if any of these conditions aren’t met, then the posts or videos will not be shown in your feed anymore.
To learn more about why this might happen and how to fix it, read on!
2. You have not logged in to your Instagram account
If you have not logged into your Instagram account, then you will not be able to see the videos that you liked on Instagram.
If you want to watch all of your liked videos again, then make sure that you log in to your TikTok account.
3. Your Liked Videos or Posts Violate Instagram’s Guidelines
Instagram wants to make sure that all of its users are following the rules and respecting each other online.
Your Instagram liked posts or videos are not updating or showing because you’ve likely liked videos that:
- violate Instagram’s guidelines.
- are not suitable for all audiences.
- don’t follow Instagram’s community guidelines.
If you’re experiencing issues with your liked videos on Instagram, here are some fixes that may help solve the problem.
Ways to Fix Instagram Liked Posts or Videos Gone, not Showing or Updating
1. Check Whether Instagram’s Servers are Down
You can check if Instagram’s servers are down by going to a website like Down Detector.
On DownDetector’s homepage, check for Instagram’s server status by typing and searching for “Instagram.”
If they are down (which is rare), we recommend waiting until they come back up before trying again – this will decrease the likelihood of being unable to log into your account later on as well!
If the site is down, you can try to log into your account later once it comes back up. If the site is still down, there’s not much else you can do but wait until it goes back up again.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing you should do is check your internet connection. If it’s not working, then there’s no point in trying to use the app.
You’ll need a strong signal in order to send and receive data from TikTok servers. If you’re using a mobile device, make sure that you have an active data plan and that it’s not set to roaming.
To ascertain the strength of your internet connection, you can use online tools to check it. One such website is fast.com.
Simply visit fast.com and run a quick speed test.
If you’re using Wi-Fi, try resetting your router or modem. Some people have found that simply rebooting their devices can fix this issue as well.
3. Sign Out and Sign In Again to Instagram
If you’re not sure why you’re experiencing this problem, it could be because of an issue with the TikTok app itself. To fix this, please follow these steps:
- Sign out of your Instagram account and sign back in again.
- Like a video on another user’s page that you’ve already liked before (even if it was a while ago) and see if the problem persists.
If it does, there may be an issue with your account or something else may be going wrong within the app itself.
4. Fix Instagram Liked Posts Gone by Restarting your Phone
If the above three steps didn’t help, you should try restarting your phone. To do this, turn off your device and then turn it back on.
Turning off your phone will cause all of its apps to close and clear out some memory that can be used by other apps. This can also fix issues with Instagram or any other app that you have installed on your phone.
After rebooting your phone, try logging in to Instagram once again and see if your posts will now appear.
5. Clear the Cache or the Instagram App or the Browser
Sometimes, you might notice that the liked videos on Instagram aren’t updating. This can happen if you’re using a laptop or tablet and it can be fixed by clearing the cache of your browser and/or app.
Clearing the cache of the app is a simple fix that can often solve problems with apps such as Instagram.
All you need to do is go into Settings and then tap “Storage.” From there, select “Cached Data” and clear it out by tapping on the red button below.
To clear the cache of your browser:
- On your computer, open Chrome (if you’re using another browser, follow these instructions for that one instead).
- Click “Customize and control Google Chrome” in the top-right corner of the window, then click Settings at the bottom of this menu and select “Advanced settings” from under Privacy in the left-most column (it should appear after clicking Show Advanced Settings).
- Click on Content Settings under the History section in the Advanced settings dialogue box, then scroll down to find out “Cache storage” option under the Cached data setting pane – click on the Clear browsing data button next to the Cache storage option so that all videos downloaded by YouTube are deleted from your computer’s memory.
6. Fix Instagram videos not Updating by reinstalling the app
If none of the above methods proved effective, you can uninstall and reinstall TikTok.
To reinstall the Instagram app:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Tap on Applications.
- You should see all your apps there, if not, tap on All Apps and find the Instagram app.
- Tap on it, then tap Uninstall (if you’re using Android).
- Go to Playstore or the Apple App Store to install the latest version of Instagram.
- Once it’s installed, log in to your TikTok account and try liking a video again!
7. Open Instagram on Another Device
One of the best ways to fix Instagram liked posts disappearing is to open the app on another device or browser.
If you don’t have another device or browser available, you can also try clearing your cookies and cache in order to fix Instagram liked posts or videos disappearing.
8. Open Instagram on Another Device or Browser
If your video is disappearing, you might be able to fix it by opening the app on another device or browser.
If you have access to another device with Instagram installed, try opening the app on that device and adding your original video again. If you don’t have that option available, try using another browser (for example, Chrome or Firefox) and then add the video again in order to see if it works.
If this doesn’t work for you:
- Clear your cache from your browser (either Chrome or Safari). This should fix most of these issues since they’re caused by something being cached in your web browser’s memory instead of actually being downloaded onto their servers correctly when it’s supposed to be there!
- Clear your cookies from the same web browser as well (again either Chrome or Safari) because sometimes those cause problems too!
9. Report the issue to Instagram
This is apparently the last resort if none of the above-mentioned steps fixes the problem.
Reach out to Instagram’s customer service team and report the problem to them.
To report the issue to Instagram,
- Go to your profile (use the profile icon at the right bottom corner) and tap on the three horizontal lines (三) in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the list of items.
- Tap on Help and then proceed to Report a Problem. Select Report a problem if another similar pop-up appears.
- Here, briefly provide feedback regarding the Instagram story views not showing. Also, add relevant screenshots to clarify the issue. You can choose an already existing screenshot or tap on the “Take Screenshot” button.
The “Take Screenshot” button makes your phone enter screenshot mode, so that, after tapping on the camera displayed at the right bottom, it takes the screenshot and inserts it into the text area.
You could also add information about how long the issue has lasted.
- Finally, tap on Submit to send your issue to Instagram. You can expect to get a reply or get the issue resolved within a few hours.
10. Download videos and store them locally
You can save videos on Instagram by downloading them to your phone or computer. You can also download videos to a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox.
If you have not already downloaded the video, follow these steps:
- Tap on the video you want to save.
- Tap on “Save” at the bottom of the screen, then choose a location for it such as your phone or computer (the exact location will depend on whether you are using an iPhone or Android device). If you only want to save one particular video from Instagram but do not want to download all of them, tap “Download” instead of “Save” when viewing that particular clip
Conclusion – How to Fix your Instagram Liked Posts Gone
We understand that this can be frustrating, but hopefully, we’ve given you some insight into why this might have happened!
Once you report the issue, all of your liked videos should reappear, however, if you have been experiencing this issue for a while, doing these steps will prevent it from happening in the future.
- Report the issue. If you have been experiencing this issue for a while, you should report it to Instagram. This will enable them to prevent this from happening again in the future.
- Make sure your account is linked to the right social media accounts and use the right browser when watching videos or liking them on Instagram.
You may also want to take a look at how to fix TikTok profile picture not showing or changing.
We hope that this article helped you fix the “Instagram liked posts gone” issue. If it did, please let us know in the comments below!