Snapchat Stories is one of the most used features on Snapchat. If you’re trying to watch your friends’ stories on Snapchat, you probably know how frustrating it can be when they are not loading.
Do you find issues with your Snapchat Stories not loading snaps or showing up?
If your Snapchat stories are not appearing or not uploading, you’re far from alone.
In this post, we’ll show you how to fix Snapchat Stories not showing or loading so that your story works fine again.
I’m sure most of us have experienced any of these problems before, so in this post, we’ll discuss the reasons why Snapchat Stories aren’t loading, along with some solutions that may help.
Why Snapchat Stories are not Loading Snaps or Showing?
If you’re not seeing your Snapchat stories because they are missing, these are some of the reasons that could account for it:
Unstable Internet Connection
If you’re having trouble with your Snapchat Stories loading, it could be that your internet connection is unstable. If your internet connection is unstable, you won’t be able to watch Snapchat Stories.
In order for the app to load properly and display your friends’ snaps, it needs a steady stream of data from your provider. If this data stream is broken, the app won’t be able to load your friends’ snaps or display yours.
It could also be that your Wifi device is not properly connected. If the connection between your phone and Wifi is weak, you may have trouble loading your friends’ snaps or displaying your own.
This could be due to a number of reasons, including poor signal strength from your provider or interference from other devices that are using the same network.
It’s possible that you have insufficient space on your device. If you’re running out of space, your device won’t be able to load your friends’ snaps or display yours.
If you’re using an older device with limited storage capacity, this can be especially problematic. If you’re using a newer device with a lot of storage space, however, this shouldn’t be the problem.
You can check your available storage by going to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
Snapchat is Out-of-date
If the Snapchat app is out of date, it may be a problem. Snapchat is constantly updating its app with new features and bug fixes.
If you’re running an old version of the app, it may not be compatible with some of these new features. The best way to ensure that you’re running the latest version of Snapchat is to go to Play Store or App Store and make sure that your version is up-to-date.
Snapchat Server-side issues
One of the most common causes of this problem is a server-side issue. The server is a computer that stores all of your data, from messages to photos and videos.
If there is something wrong with the server or if you have a poor connection to the server, it can cause problems for your Snapchat account.
When Snapchat’s servers are down, it can interfere with the smooth functioning of the app and the website. Hence, you may have a hard time loading stories or snaps or Snapchat Stories may not be showing up even after an update.
Glitches in the Snapchat App
If your Snapchat stories are missing or not refreshing, another possible cause could be glitches or bugs in the app. Most of the time, this is due to an update or an update that has not been installed correctly.
For example, if you are using a beta version of Snapchat and it doesn’t work as expected, it could cause problems with your account. The same goes for deleting old versions of the app.
It may be that some files are still present on your phone and they prevent Snapchat from working properly.
How to Fix Snapchat Stories not Loading, Showing or Uploading
Here are some actionable steps to fixing Snapchat story issues, from the stories not posting to group stories not showing:
1. Test and improve your internet connection
To test if the issue is with your device or your internet connection, try using another device to access Snapchat. If you’re having issues with loading stories on one platform and not another, then it is likely due to an issue with your internet connection.
To test your internet speed, visit Speedtest.net and run a real-time speed test. The test will show you how fast your connection is and how reliable it is. If the results are poor, try connecting to another Wi-Fi network or upgrading your router.
If the results are good, then your internet connection is fine. However, if it’s still slow when you try a speed test on another device, then there could be an issue with Snapchat.
2. Check if Snapchat is Down
You can check if Snapchat is down or not by visiting the official website.
You should also check if Snapchat is down in your area, as well as on your device and network.
Also, it is important to note that the outage could be caused by your ISP (Internet Service Provider), which means it’s an issue with their service rather than Snapchat’s servers directly.
You can check the server status of Snapchat using a site like Down Detector. Simply go to Down Detector’s page for Snapchat.
3. Free up space on your device
In order to fix the Snapchat stories not showing or loading, you need to free up space on your device. Here’s how:
- Clear the Snapchat app cache by going into Settings, then Apps and then select Snapchat. You can also clear it from the Storage menu in Settings.
- Clear the Snapchat app data by going into Settings, then Apps and then select Snapchat. You can also clear it from the Storage menu in Settings.
- Delete the current version of the app and reinstall it through Google Play Store or Apple App Store (both ways will work). This will remove all of your old data as well as reset all settings such as logging in with Facebook account or Google+ account etc. When installed again, you will have a fresh start without any issues at all!
4. Relaunch Snapchat
You can try to relaunch the app.
Simply close the Snapchat app and reopen it. This should clear the cache and clean up memory usage issues.
Restart your device You can also try restarting your device by holding down the power button until you see an “off” option on screen. This will also clear up memory usage issues and might solve the problem.
If you still can’t see your Story, it means that your friends have deleted it. You should consider sending them messages to ask if they saw the story or not. If they did, then they might have accidentally deleted it or just didn’t see it at all.
5. Clear Cache of the Snapchat app
- Go to your Settings menu
- Tap on App Management, then proceed to App list.
- From the list of apps, tap on Snapchat, then tap on Force Stop.
- Tap on Clear Cache (this will clear out cached data, which can sometimes cause a bug that prevents you from loading stories).
- Tap Clear Data (this will remove all saved information and settings for your Snapchat app)
- After clearing the Snapchat app cache, open Snapchat and see if the stories or snaps will load.
6. Make sure you’re using a supported device
Check your device.
If you’re having trouble loading or showing Stories on Snapchat, it’s possible that you’re using an unsupported device. In order to use the app, your phone must be running an up-to-date version of either Android or iOS. Supported devices include:
- Android phones running v4.0 or higher
- iPhones running iOS 6 or later (iOS 9 is recommended)
- Windows phones using Windows 10 Mobile
You can check if your phone is supported by visiting Snapchat’s website and logging in with your account information.
7. Update the Snapchat app
If the problem is with your phone, it’s time to update that Snapchat app. To do this, go to the Google Play Store on your device and search for Snapchat. Once you’ve found it, tap on the update button to install the latest version of Snapchat onto your device.
If you’re still having issues with Snapchat, try reinstalling the app. To do this, go to Settings on your device and tap on Apps. Then select Snapchat from the list of apps installed on your phone.
8. Delete and reinstall Snapchat
If you want to get back on the app and continue using it, you can try deleting and reinstalling Snapchat.
To do this:
- Tap on the Snapchat app and select “Uninstall” or “Remove.”
- Open Playstore or the App Store, search for Snapchat and install it.
- Open Snapchat when it’s done installing and sign in with your account information.
9. Enable Snapchat Storage and Network Permissions
If you’re having trouble with Snapchat Stories, you can try enabling the app’s storage and network permissions. This is not a permanent fix, so if your Story still isn’t loading, try the following steps:
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Manage Storage. This will display a list of apps that are using up storage space on your device.
- Tap on Snapchat in this list (it may be near the bottom). These are all apps that have access to storage and/or data networks — which is why some people report seeing problems when they use other social media apps at the same time as being on Snapchat! You should see something like “Storage Usage”, “Network Usage”, or similar; click these links until they read something like ‘Allowed’.
10. Use a VPN to Access Snapchat
If you want to know how to fix Snapchat Stories not showing or loading, then you need to use a VPN. A VPN allows you to change your IP address, which can help with accessing Snapchat in places where it’s blocked.
We recommend using NordVPN because it works efficiently with Snapchat.
VPNs are safe and secure. If you’re worried about using a VPN because of privacy concerns, don’t fret: there is no evidence that using a VPN increases the risk of being hacked or having your data stolen.
In fact, many businesses use them for security purposes like ensuring their employees are working from the office instead of at home (when they should be working).
11. Report the Stories Issue to Snapchat
If you’re still having issues with the Stories feature, contact Snapchat Support.
Snapchat Support is available 24/7 to help resolve any issue you might have with the app. To contact Snapchat:
- Tap the gear icon in your profile menu
- Select Help & Feedback
- Click Contact Us on the right side of your screen
Snapchat Stories is a very useful feature that lets you share your day-to-day life with friends and family. It’s also a great way to stay connected with friends who live far away from each other.
But if your Story isn’t loading or it keeps crashing, then this can be frustrating. Thankfully, there are several things you can try before giving up on Snapchat entirely!
- How to Fix Instagram Story Views Not Showing
- How to Fix TikTok Profile Picture not Showing or Changing
- 10 Fixes for Instagram Stories not Uploading or Working
- Can’t Log In to Instagram? (10 Ways to Fix It)
- Can’t Save TikTok Videos? How to Download TikTok Videos
- How to Fix TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared, not Showing or Updating
- Can’t Login To TikTok Account? Follow These Simple Steps
- How to Fix Paramount Plus Problems: Buffering, Not Working, Loading, Streaming or Playing
- Fixed: Instagram Direct Messages Not Sending, Loading, Updating or Showing Up
- How to Fix: Can’t Log In to HBO Max (Sign In Not Working)
- How to Fix Instagram Profile Picture not Showing Up, Changing, Uploading or Updating
- How to Fix Twitter “Oops Something Went Wrong Try Again” Error
- How to Fix Facebook Pictures or Images Not Loading or Showing Up