Facebook games are a great way to pass time, but if you’re having trouble getting them to load, it can be frustrating.
Fortunately, there are some easy fixes that can help get your favorite game up and running again in no time!
This article will cover the most common causes of Facebook games not loading or working, as well as some steps you can take to get things back up and running quickly.
We’ll also go over how to troubleshoot a game that isn’t showing up at all. Why Can’t I Play My Facebook Games?
If you’re facing an issue with Facebook Messenger, you can check out our article on how to Fix Facebook Messenger not sending, receiving or loading messages. You may also check out the best fixes for Facebook Pictures or Images Not Loading or Showing Up.
Types of “Facebook Games not Loading” Issues
If you’re wondering why Facebook games are not working today, you’re in good company. 🙂
Other users have reported that they are facing the same problem but in different shapes and forms.
- For instance, some users have reported that Facebook games are not working on their android devices.
- Apparently, iPhone users are also contending with the same gaming problems on Facebook.
- In other instances, the Facebook games are not working or loading on PC, which includes web browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox.
- For some users, some specific Facebook games are not playing; games such as King Facebook games, Facebook flash games and Thug life and other Facebook Gameroom games.
- For yet other users, it is the Facebook game requests that are not working.
- There are also instances where the games are not connecting to Facebook.
Why are my Facebook Games not Loading or Working?
If your Facebook games won’t load, here are the possible reasons causing that.
There are a variety of reasons your Facebook games might not work or load properly. This can happen for many different reasons, including:
- Your internet connection is too slow.
- Facebook’s server-side issues
- You’re using an outdated web browser
- You’ve installed Adblocker and other browser extensions that may conflict with Facebook games
- There’s a build-up of cached files and cookies in your Facebook app or web browser
- Your Facebook app is out-of-date
How to Fix Facebook Games not Loading, Working or Showing Up
1. Test and Improve your Internet Connection
If you’re trying to play a game and it’s not loading, your internet connection may be the culprit.
Facebook games are web-based applications and require a dedicated working internet connection to function well.
If possible, try connecting to Facebook using a different device such as a tablet or laptop computer in order to see if it’s just one device causing problems with loading games on Facebook.
If connecting from another device resolves the issue, you can then troubleshoot what might be causing issues with your main device.
Test your internet connection. Make sure that your device is connected to a strong, stable Wi-Fi or cellular network. Also ensure there are no other devices using the same network as yours, as this could cause interference with your game’s functionality.
By performing a quick speed test, you can ascertain if your network is stable enough to load Facebook games.
You can use sites like fast.com to run the speed test. Simply visit fast.com and wait for a while for your internet speed results, while your browser tab remains open.
Like the previous website, another website you could use is “Speed Test by Ookla.” This online tool will also tell you what your internet speed is, giving you insights into the strength of your network connection.
If the results indicate a weak internet connection, then you can take steps to improve or change it.
2. Check Facebook Server Status
If you have tried all of the above steps and your game is still not loading, check Facebook’s server status.
There are two main ways we can do this:
The first approach is to check Facebook’s system status page. On this page, Facebook provides information about which of its products is currently having a server-side issue.
The second approach is by using a third-party website, known for detecting server issues relating to well-known websites and apps. One of these websites is known as Down Detector.
Simply visit Down Detector and search for Facebook to check the status.
3. Run the game in a different browser
If you’re experiencing problems with Facebook games not loading, or working on your computer, it may be because of the browser you’re using.
Try using other browsers like Chrome, Firefox or Safari to see if that fixes the problem. If it does work in another browser, then it’s likely an issue with your default browser.
If that doesn’t work, then there might be some issues with your computer (such as browser settings). You should try running virus scans and other troubleshooting steps to see if that fixes the problem.
4. Open Facebook Games in Incognito Mode
If you’re having trouble getting your games to load, try opening them in a private browsing window. To do this, go to your browser’s home screen and tap the menu button (three horizontal lines).
Select “New Incognito Window” or “New Private Window,” depending on your device.
If that doesn’t work for you either (or if there’s no option for private browsing), try using Incognito Mode on Android phones instead of a normal browser window.
Here’s how to open Chrome in Incognito mode:
- With your Chrome browser open, click on the three dots located at the top right corner.
- Select “New Incognito Window” from the list of menu items. (Alternatively, you can use the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+N)
How to open Firefox in Incognito or Private mode
- Navigate to the top right corner of the Firefox browser and click on the three horizontal lines.
- Click on “New Private Window” or use the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P.
After opening the browser in incognito mode, sign into Facebook and open up the game that wasn’t loading before.
5. Update your Browser to the Latest Version
- Update your Browser to the Latest Version
The first thing you should do is check to make sure that your browser is up-to-date. To find out, go to Settings and look for an option called Check for Updates. If there are any updates available, download them immediately. If this doesn’t work, try updating all of the browsers on your computer or device by going through the installation process manually:
- Go through the uninstallation process by following these steps: start -> control panel -> programs & features -> uninstall or change a program (or apps) -> select the browser you want uninstalled/changed/updated.
- Download and install a new version of your browser from its website (for example, Chrome)
After updating your web browser, check if your Facebook games are now loading or working properly.
6. Make sure your system time and time zone settings are correct
A wrong system time and time zone can interfere with Facebook games in the sense that they may not be able to load or run properly.
- Make sure your system time and time zone settings are correct. If you set your computer or device’s clock ahead or behind, this can cause problems with Facebook games loading.
- To make sure your system time and time zone settings are correct, follow these steps: Go to the Control Panel by clicking Start -> Control Panel. Click on Date & Time. Select Internet Time from the “Change how clocks are synchronized” drop-down menu. Check if your computer’s clock is set correctly.
7. Disable Your Browser Extensions
Some browser extensions can cause issues with Facebook games loading.
To turn off your browser extensions, follow these steps: Open your browser and go to the Tools menu (or Settings).
Click Extensions. You may have to scroll down to see this option if you have a lot of extensions installed. Click Disable or Remove any extensions that you think might be causing problems with Facebook games loading.
- Turn off all extensions in your browser.
- Open the game and see if it’s working.
- If not, turn them back on one by one until you find the extension causing the issue.
A browser cookie is a small file that contains information about your visit to a website. Your browser stores cookies on your computer so it can remember things like usernames and passwords, browsing history, and preferences.
Though a browser cookie can be helpful in giving you a smooth experience when browsing, it can also cause problems with some websites. Clearing your browser cookies and cache may help solve issues with Facebook games loading.
To clear browser cache and cookies
- Open your browser and go to “Settings”.
- Click on “Privacy” or “Settings” depending on your browser type and click on it.
- In the section called “History”, select “Clear browsing data”.
- Check both boxes and confirm.
9. Update the Facebook App
An updated version of an app always works more optimally because there are more features and bug fixes. To check if you’re running the latest version of Facebook, open the app and click on “More” in the bottom right corner.
Then, on the drop-down menu, select “App Settings”. On this page, select “Update” under General Information if there is an update available.
If you’re having trouble with games not loading, working or showing up in the Facebook app, you should try updating it to the latest version. You can update your app by following these steps:
- Go to PlayStore or the App Store on your phone.
- Tap Updates at the bottom of the screen and then tap Update All at the top right corner of the screen (make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi so that updates don’t eat up too much data).
- If an update is available for Facebook, it will automatically download and install itself once you’ve tapped Update All in step 2 above.
10. Clear Your Facebook App Cache
Just as it is essential to clear a browser cache for a more efficient performance, the same is true of clearing the cache of an app. This process will ensure that the app is running at peak performance.
Specifically in this context, we’re talking about Facebook games loading or working well.
To clear the cache of your Facebook app on an iPhone:
Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
Scroll down to see a list of apps and tap on Facebook.
Tap Clear Cache at the top right corner of your screen.
To clear the cache of your Facebook app on an android phone:
- Go to Settings and click on App Management. Select “App list: from the menu that appears.
- From the list of apps, tap “Facebook,” then proceed to tap on “Force Stop.”
- Click on Clear Cache and data.
11. Make sure your firewall is not blocking Facebook games
Are your antivirus program and firewall causing the issue? Make sure your firewall is not blocking the Facebook game.
Turn off your firewall and see if you can play. If you are still having issues, consider adding an exception for the game.
For example, if you have Norton 360 installed on your computer, go to Norton360 > Settings > Firewall > Add a program to the exceptions list.
To do this:
1 – Start your computer and sign in to Facebook.
2 – If you’re on a Mac, open System Preferences from the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen and click Security & Privacy.
In Windows open Control Panel from the Start menu and then click Security Center; if you’re using Windows 8 or 10, go to PC Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.)
Then click Change settings that are currently unavailable under Malware Protection. You may need administrative rights in order to change these settings; if so, see below for details about how to obtain them.
3 – Deselect anything with “Antivirus” in its name or description—this should be pretty self-explanatory!
Once disabled, close out any active windows and restart your computer; then re-enable those programs one at a time until you find which ones are causing issues with games not loading properly while logged into Facebook itself.
Conclusion: How to Fix Facebook Games not Loading or Working
The Facebook games not loading may be caused by an error in your device or network connection. If you have followed all the steps above, but still can’t get your game to work properly, please contact us and we will try our best to help you fix the problem.
Please note that if none of these solutions worked for you, then maybe it is time to start over again with a new version of Facebook and see how it goes!
- How to Fix Instagram Story Views Not Showing
- How to Fix TikTok Profile Picture not Showing or Changing
- 10 Fixes for Instagram Stories not Uploading or Working
- Can’t Log In to Instagram? (10 Ways to Fix It)
- Can’t Save TikTok Videos? How to Download TikTok Videos
- How to Fix TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared, not Showing or Updating
- Can’t Login To TikTok Account? Follow These Simple Steps
- How to Fix Paramount Plus Problems: Buffering, Not Working, Loading, Streaming or Playing
- Fixed: Instagram Direct Messages Not Sending, Loading, Updating or Showing Up
- How to Fix: Can’t Log In to HBO Max (Sign In Not Working)
- How to Fix Instagram Profile Picture not Showing Up, Changing, Uploading or Updating
- How to Fix Twitter “Oops Something Went Wrong Try Again” Error
- How to Fix Facebook Pictures or Images Not Loading or Showing Up